If you're setting up a brand new Huawei modem you'll need to set up an APN (Access Point Name). That's the name for the settings used to set up a connection to the gateway between your carrier's cellular network and the public internet.
Follow the instructions below to set up an APN for a Huawei device:
- First, insert your OVO SIM card into your modem
- Then you'll need to connect the device to a computer
- Open up a web browser and type in 192.168.8.1 (if that doesn't work, try 192.168.1.0)
- Then you'll need to sign in to that web page (the user name and password are usually set to 'admin' by default)
- Navigate to the settings menu, and choose Profile management
- Now create a new profile
- Call the new profile ‘OVO’ and type the word APN as ‘yesinternet’. Make sure that you leave the user name and password blank and the authentication type as auto, then choose save.
- Once you've done this you'll need to switch the modem off and then on again
- Now test your connection
Any trouble connecting please fire up an online chat and we'll be happy to help.